Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Discount prices....

I made my weekly (sometimes bi-weekly) trip to the supermarkets. We are on the WIC program, and Aldis does not support this program.

I completely understand why. I really do.

But this just creates a complex shopping experience. I HAVE to shop at Wal Mart to pick up the WIC items. It can create a problem for my budget. I prefer to AVOID Wal Mart at all costs when grocery shopping...I WILL leave the store with at least one item I did NOT expect to buy...as we know and have shared this experience.

Moving on...

Aldis sells produce, meats, dairy, honey, whole grains, and a few other nice things at discount prices. Very good for our budget and overall health benifits.

This alotted for a nice array of eats this past week...Whole grain tortillas with peanut butter, banana and honey for breakfast (along with oats, whole grain cereals, and whole grain pita breads). Diet Cranberry juice with a splash of V8 knock-off veg/fruit splasher juice (this last week I actually splurged on the name brand) was added in for an extra kick of vitamins. Skim milk here and there, lots of ice water, NO SODA.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

I have completely omitted soda from my grocery list.

I would rather spend the extra money on cheese, milk, butter...anything with substinance. It just seems to make sense...My daugher asked for it for about a week and she hasn't asked again since.

*I do allow for soda during trips on the weekends when we are out and about....only one, though.

Lunches have been the hardest part of it all. I have been catching myself grazing on things...granola, bananas, tortillas, from about 8-10:30 each morning. At least once every hour I have been wanting to eat something small. Once in a while it has been a small piece of dark chocolate. Then when time comes for 'lunch,' it's been very sketchy. Sometimes it's a can of veggie soup, sometimes peanut butter again *ugh.

I am going to sprout a monicle, top hat, and walking stick soon if I keep this up...

I suppose I will go out on a limb this week...dig to the back of my pantry for tuna, salmon, tomato soup...*all of which I am not too excited about...

Lunch, where has your luster gone???

Dinner...is simple. I feed the family a very nutritious meal (last night was quial with greenbeans, a light pasta, and a tangy homemade dipping sauce). Issues with the 'GREENS' still make their pressence known. Once, I used greenbeans AND asparagus in a 'greenbean casserole' and my husband was horribly disturbed after one bite and wouldn't touch a bit more. Same with the little one. I can't stand to waste good food, therefore I am a bit reluctant to make a wholy healthy dinner for the family only to have it gone to waste.

Weight: 214 (and am expected to be 225 by 40 weeks gestation)
*GOOD NEWS: Latest blood tests have shown that my levels went from 460 to 380!
Feeling: nice...a bit sleepy...baby woke up twice last night....and the night before....
***working out again, little by little...on my living room floor during baby nap time....shhh! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment